Friday 17 November 2017

Janet's Abruzzo Edublog is 9 years old!

Image source:  Razzle.com

Janet's Abruzzo Edublog is now officially 9 years old!  My very first post was on November 8th 2008.  It was a short and simple introduction.  I remember feeling a bit nervous yet at the same time, very excited about taking such an enormous step in publishing to the world for the first time.

Back in those days I was a technophobe and did not possess much confidence in using the web.  That all changed when I took an informative and excellent course on Blogs with The Consultants-e.  I had a knowledgeable, friendly and sympathetic tutor, and my coursemates were all in the same boat as me.  This was a huge confidence booster and I loved every moment of the course.  It opened up new possibilities and awakened a passion for writing which had long been dormant.

I clearly remember pressing the 'Post' button on that life-changing day on 8th November 2008 and the feeling of exhilaration when the deed was done. It was a definite 'Feel the fear and do it anyway' kind of moment, and I have no regrets!

Thanks so much to my blog readers and for all the comments thoughout the years which have encouraged me to keep going.  I have learned so much from everyone!

A special mention goes to my dear friend and fellow blogger Natasa, who left me a message on my previous post.  That has inspired me to write this post today, so I would like to say a personal thanks to you!!  I hope we both carry on blogging for many years to come!

Image created with Keep-calm-o-matic


No comments: