Friday 2 March 2012

TeachMeet International & iTDi - Fabulous CPD on 3rd March 2012


On Saturday 3rd March (tomorrow) Teach Meet International will be holding their second free international event with speakers from around the world presenting on a vast array of interesting topics.

TeachMeet Int'l is organised by the lovely Arjana Blazic from Croatia, and Bart Verswijvel from Belgium, and they are also two of the moderators on such events. The platform used is Adobe Connect Pro Meeting. You can read what Arjana has posted about this event here.

Arjana has also written about the hugely successful 1st TeachMeet Int'l held in December 2011, on her blog, in this post called Good Vibrations.

The two-hour event starts at 10am CET. You can find out how to attend on the TeachMeet Int'l wiki. Each presenter has only three minutes to present their slides.

You can find out about what a TeachMeet is exactly, by viewing the link here.
Why are these events called TeachMeet? Find out more here.

There are 32 speakers in the TeachMeet tomorrow, and I am very proud to be one of them!! My 3 minute talk will be on Fun with Comics, one of my favourite topics!! It will basically be a whirlwind recap of my fuller Comics and Cartoons presentation from Reform Symposium. I'll add a live link to my materials on this blog post after Saturday :-)

Doing such a mini presentation will be a first for me, and so I have been practising with one of the online timers here. I have eleven slides, so I'll have to talk a bit quickly to go through everything in time.

Below you can view one of the new cartoons I have created for the webinar. The comic site is called Comic Creator, Boys' Life Magazine.

Hope to see you there!!

UPDATE: 3rd March 2012 - TeachMeet International Online Feedback
I had a fabulous time viewing all the wonderful presentations and I learned about so many new ideas and materials!! You can view the full recording here.

Grab a drink and some snacks, relax and settle down to watch over two hours of great CPD!!

I really enjoyed my three-minute slot!! Image below of me presenting, courtesy of Sonja, one of the excellent moderators.

Arjana has written a blog post entitled "Why I like TeachMeets." It certainly summarises the lively and very exciting atmosphere of the event.

Shelly Terrell has also written her feedback called 20+ Ideas & Resources from TeachMeet Online using an interesting new site called Pearl Trees. It is an indispensable guide to the fabulous event.

The event is also discussed on my Project 366 Posterous blog.

You can listen to a Podomatic podcast where I have recorded my thanks, and opinion of the TeachMeet event:


Fun with Comics! A Mini Presentation.
View more PowerPoint from Janet Bianchini
International Teacher Development Institute (iTDi) Event - March 3rd 2012


Chiew Pang has written an interesting post called Error Correction: a free webinar, aka Lonely Teacher Blues, Part 2

Feedback
Listening to three experts in their field (Scott Thornbury, Steven Herder and Barbara Sakamoto Hoskins) talking about ways of dealing with Error Correction on iTDi, was a great experience. I felt as if I was really attending the event in person, as there was a very lively audience of teachers from around the world. It was "first come, first served" basis for attending, as there was a maximum of 100 attendees, and so I was very lucky to squeeze in!! It was definitely worth staying in to attend this very practical webinar!!

You can view the complete webinar session from the iTDi website.
Meet the amazing iTDi team here.

No comments: