Sunday 23 January 2011

Red Letter Day in Abruzzo

www.writecomics.com

A huge thank you to all the members of my PLN, friends, family and dear colleagues who have sent me kind wishes for today. A new chapter is beginning, and I am ready to embrace it with the help of you all at my side!

I have embedded the lovely Wallwisher, which was sent to me earlier on via Twitter. It has really made my day!! Thank you for organising it Natasa! I have placed it here on my blog, so that I can look back on it in the future to come....
The Twitter Parade embedded in Shelly's message is awesome! I wonder how it's created? It's very clever!!



You can see lots of wonderful ideas for using Wallwisher below:
Spicing Up Your Posts: Part 2 Wallwisher by Sue Waters.
105 Classroom Ideas for Wallwisher by Sean Banville

Thank you to all my colleagues at the Lake School of English who sent me a series of fabulous Jib Jab messages. I have embedded one of them below, a spoof movie of Star Wars. It's really cool and I love all the ones that were sent to me!!

Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!

I'd like to add a series of fab resources by Jerry Blumengarten, Cybrary Man which are very useful for such occasions like "Happy Birthday". These are great to use in class with your students and for historical research purposes.

Once again, thank you to everybody for making January 23rd such a memorable day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Janet,

Have I missed your bday? My only excuse is that my PLN didn't tell me!
Happy Birthday to you and many more. Greetings from grey and showery Fuerteventura.

Sorry,

Leahn

Janet Bianchini said...

Hi Leahn

Not to worry! Thank you so much for your message here. Please do add to the Wallwisher if you have time. That would be lovely!! I think you can just click on it.

I am sure it won't be grey and showery in Fuerteventura for long!!

I have recently found a picture of me in carnival gear in Gran Tarajal taken in 1983. You would never recognise me...!!