Friday 6 November 2009

AVEALMEC Conference 5th - 8th November 2009

The world came into my abode yesterday and will continue to stream through at intervals during the weekend. I fully immersed myself into the exciting arena of globalised "connectivism" via a series of webinars based on the theme of ICT tools, Knowledge Building and Communities of Practice, hosted by the excellent AVEALMEC / ARCALL

From the comfort of my own home I was able to interact with educators and contacts from around the world and participate in a series of fantastic video seminars hosted via Moodle and WiZiQ. Here is a link to the programme of events.
Click on this link to the fantastic selection of Guest Speakers and a link to the summaries of the talks.

If you have time today and this weekend to learn more about so many new e-tools, social networking sites and current modes of pedagogical and andragogical learning practice and principles, then joining the AVEALMEC conference will prove to be a very worthwhile and amazing professional development opportunity.

I attended Nik Peachey's inspiring workshop "From Information to Knowledge" earlier today. The excellent presentation including a number of follow-up tasks can be viewed here.

I missed the following talk by Vance Stevens. The excellent slideshow is now available on the web and I have included it here.

Post Scriptum
I feel "virtually" exhausted after a weekend full of fantastic live presentations. Graham Stanley's talk on "Before and after Twitter: Personal Learning Environments" has just finished and it was most enjoyable. I even felt brave enough to ask my very first question which was "How do you deal with spam?" Graham answered that it was a problem we all have to deal with and he gave a few good examples of what to do.
AVEALMEC have organised a truly wonderful conference and I have learned a lot of new things. I have also had the chance to "meet" and chat with lots of people in my PLN.
I will add further links to the webinars/slideshows if and when they become available so that you can experience the fun and also share the information so skilfully imparted by the guest speakers.
Thanks to the 3 moderators who did a great job of keeping everything running smoothly!

No comments: