Sunday 26 July 2009

Wedding Dance goes Viral

The dance sequence opening the wedding ceremony of Kevin Heinz and Jill Peterson in St. Paul, Minnesota, has been viewed more than 6 million times since it went up on the video-sharing site less than a week ago. Read the full story here.



On Friday I showed my teachers the "JK Wedding Dance Entrance" YouTube video that I had first come across on Twitter the day before. For some unfathomable reason, we watched this without sound. It was still very interesting to watch, but here it is with the funky music. I love it and I think it is a truly joyous tribute to the young couple whose big day it is. I hope they have an amazing life together.

2 comments:

KALINAGO ENGLISH said...

Oh Janet, I am so completely corny.

I actually clapped when the bride came out.

What a fantastic video - I must have missed this on twitter -can't wait to show my students next week.

One of them's brother just got married on Saturday... I don't know if you know the 6 Billion Others video (it's interviews with people from all the world on important topics, excellent)...

Anyway, I watched this with Phillip who is normally kind of conservative, in IT and he decided to recreate his own video using this genre but interviewing all his family members and friends of the bride and groom then mixing the two together and using this instead of a speech.

Had such a lovely chat last week..

Hmmmm. I'm waffling on a bit. That's what lovely, sentimental videos do to me!

Thanks for sharing.

K

Janet Bianchini said...

Hi Karenne

I've watched this video quite a few times now and it brings tears to my eyes every time! It's just the sheer joy on everyone's faces that makes this so special.

Have a lovely week.

J